siglent.freeforums.org

Support and information for Siglent electronic Test & Measurement equipments. (unofficial)
It is currently Mon, 26 Jun 17, 04:37

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to siglent

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: SDS2000X series advanced oscilloscopes
PostPosted: Mon, 23 Nov 15, 05:59 
Site Admin

SDS2000

NEW SDS2000X

Note, oscilloscope outer dimensions are around same.

Product Overview

SIGLENT’s SDS2000X Series Super Phosphor Oscilloscopes are available in bandwidths of 70 MHz, 100 MHz, 200 MHz and 300 MHz, maximum sample rate of 2 GSa/s, and come with a maximum record length of 140 Mpts. The most commonly used functions can be accessed with its user-friendly one-button design.

The SDS2000X series employs a new generation of SPO technology. It has an innovative digital trigger system with high sensitivity and low jitter, and a maximum waveform capture rate of 140,000 wfm/s (normal mode), up to 500,000 wfm/s (sequence mode). It also employs the common 256-level intensity grading display function but also a color temperature display mode. The trigger system supports multiple powerful triggering modes including serial bus triggering, History waveform recording and sequence acquisition allow for extended waveform records to be captured, stored, and analyzed. An impressive array of measurement and math capabilities, options for a built-in 25 MHz arbitrary waveform generator, 16 digital channels (MSO), as well as serial decoding are also features of the SDS2000X.

Key Features
◆ 70 MHz, 100 MHz, 200 MHz, 300 MHz models

◆ Real-time sampling rate up to 2 GSa/s

◆ New generation of SPO technology
• Waveform capture rate up to 140,000 wfm/s (normal mode), and 500,000 wfm/s (sequence mode)

• Supports 256-level intensity grading and color temperature display
• Record length up to 140 Mpts
• Digital trigger system

◆ Intelligent trigger: Edge, Slope, Pulse, Window, Runt, Interval, Dropout, Pattern and Video (HDTV supported)

◆ Serial bus triggering and decoder, supports protocols IIC, SPI, UART, RS232, CAN and LIN (Optional)

◆ Low background noise, supports 1 mV/div to 10 V/div voltage scales

◆ 10 types of one-button shortcuts, including Auto Setup, Default, Cursors, Measure, Roll, History, Display/Persist, Clear Sweeps, Zoom and Print

◆ Segmented acquisition (Sequence) mode divides the maximum record length into multiple segments (up to 80,000), according to trigger conditions set by the user. The resulting acquisition has a very small dead time segment.

◆ History waveform record (History) function, the maximumr ecorded waveform length is 80,000 frames

◆ Automatic measurement function on 37 parameters, supports statistics, Gating measurements, Math measurements, History measurements and Ref measurements

◆ Math function (FFT, addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, integration, differential, square root)

◆ High Speed hardware based Pass/ Fail function

◆ 16 Digital channels (MSO option), Maximum waveform capture rate up to 500 MSa/s, Record length up to 140 Mpt/CH

◆ 25 MHz function/arbitrary waveform generator, built-in 10 types of waveforms (option)

◆ Large 8 inch TFT-LCD display with 800 * 480 resolution

◆ Multiple interfaces: USB Host, USB Device (USBTMC), LAN (VXI-11), Pass/Fail, Trigger Out, GPIB (optional)

◆ Supports SCPI remote control commands

◆ Supports Multi-language display and embedded online Help

Most big differencies are:
-memory what is in SDS2000 (new FW2.0) up to 70Mpts*) and in SDS2000X there is 140Mpts
-SDS2000 LA Option have 8 channel and SDS2000X LA option have 16 channel.
-Vertical range in SDS2000X starting from 1mV/div and in SDS2000 FW 1.0 starting from 2mV/div FW 2.0 starting from 1mV/div
-Front panel designed for better ergonomy. Also somehow harmonised with SDS1000X series.
-(X- series have now SDS1000X, SDS2000X oscilloscopes and SDG2000X signal generators and SPD3000X power supplies)
-SDS2000X price is some amount higher than SDS2000. Options are same exept LA what is 16channel and clearly more expensive naturally.

*under investigation)

It need note that with new second generation (rev 2.0) FW SDS2000 is functionally very close with SDS2000X including gated measurements, history and segmented memory functions and also segmented memory acquisition speed upt to 500000 segments/s and normal waveform update speed what is in both series max 140000 wfm/s (with V1.0 FW 110000wfm/s). Also advanced ERES function is same (previously it was less advanced "High-Resolution")

I will recommend all SDS2000 owners upgrade FW to latest official version. Please follow exactly rules how to upgrade. There is some amount different methods depending what is uor current FW.

Sidenote For My customers in Finland: Please contact me before FW update to Official V2.0 version for avoid any problems with allready activated Options or other problems. Procedure is some amount different depending what is current version!
Best if you can wait until 14.-16. December.

Also customers in Finland are welcome to visit for look example Siglent SDS1000X what is little brother of SDS2000X. Also SDS2304 V2.0 without LA is available for show and tests.

Post subject: Re: SDS2000X series advanced oscilloscopes
PostPosted: Tue, 26 Jul 16, 17:08 
Site Admin

Since I dot have this model in my own promotion, test and other my own use I can not test things with it and show results.
As told I have its precessor SDS2304 (no MSO) and it have lot of same but, it is not same. There have been more some improvements that just front panel and 16 channel LA and double memory.

Normally when I sell equipments I test and check equipment before send it to byuer so that propability to get new fail unit from me is highly reduced.
I have some experience now with this model because I have made these tests. But in this position I can not use eqquipment as my own equipment for avoid all wearing, buyer need get unit what status is new. Just like factory they do quality control they also use it. Also when I do quality control and functionaal test I do only what is nessessary. So, it give bit limited knowledge to me how it really works when it is used as normally for some work.

But, what I can tell, it really is nice scope! Also FW is really much much better than it was when SDS2304 was new and long time after it.

There is now published one kind of review from Jack Gansslein in "Embedded".
http://www.embedded.com/electronics-blo ... illoscopes